Thursday, August 14, 2008

Oh how our lives have changed AGAIN!






I have so much to tell you so this might be a long post! Yes, as you know we now have 3 little bodies in our home now. Life has gotten more challenging than before. But, surprisingly enough I am so excited for this challenge. I just wish I felt better to tackle the challenge right away. I am still feeling tired and sore. But, everyday is better for me.

Tyler is the light of my life. I remember when I had Savannah I was not sure how I could love two kids as much as I loved just one. Well, some how I have so much love for all 3 I don't know how that happened! Although I love all of my kids equally, I have a very special place in my heart for him. I think that is because I know he is my last. He amazes me minute. I can not believe that they develop such a personality in the womb that they carry into the world with them. Tyler stretched out inside of me all the time. I would feel his head, arms, legs, and butt push all at the same time. Today he is always totally stretched out all the time. Both of the girls were curled up in fetal positions for a few weeks after birth. Every time I look at him I realize over and over again how special the miracle of life children are. It is simply amazing!

Ok, enough of me gloating over my son. Here is a little Maddie story. So she is the same Madison she was when Savannah was born. She realizes that I am down and a bit slower and her little brain turns and she gets into trouble. Today I was watching a little rash she had on her chin. I kept telling her is was a rash and I might have to put some cream on it. Later in the day she decided to take the problem into her own hands and covered her face and hands in Desitin (the nighttime one... if you know desitin at all..it STINKS!) She said she was "taking care of her rash!" We could not help but laugh and then force her in the tub!!

Savannah has been acting like a great big sister. She has decided that she likes to help me burp Tyler. Or should I say... BEAT Tyler. She means so well, but any excuse to be allowed to hit someone... Great! She is so cute with him. She loved to hold him and gets very upset when we take him away when she was not really ready to give him up! But you better be ready when she is done... she pushes him away so fast and goes onto the next thing.
This picture is of Savannah dogging some donuts. Jeff has just replaced the child lock on the snack drawer and Savannah had to prove to him what she wants she gets. She was so happy she broke the drawer again and got her first lick of chocolate! We could not help but laugh!!!




When we were in the hospital we put Savannah in Tyler's bed and just as we were going to swaddle her up and wheel her to the nurses station, my nurse walked in. She thought it was so funny!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful words Nik! And what a little angel he is! We'll give you a buzz in a few days and when you're ready for a visit we'll be there. Let me know if you need any help too. I know what you're feeling right now and sometimes it is just sheer frustration that you can't do everything you want to do. I can always come down and help if you need me to! I mean that!

Shiv

Sandra said...

Wow, looks like Maddie got a little in her mouth too, yuck. the chocolate cookies look much better.

my rebel took over said...

Love the pictures of Savannah holding Tyler, and the donuts!!!!

Can't wait to see you guys again...

my rebel took over said...

You are being such a slacker with the updates! Gee...are you busy or something???