Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sick Maddie...sick kids



I have to just post about my Maddie. I am writing this because I am truely worried, but I am just going to sit back and wait another day or two before I start to freak on doctors!

All of the kids have been sick most of the winter. Basically colds that come and go! No big deal! But lately we have been a bit worried. Maddie has had a fever for 5 days now. She does nothing but sleep. She does not eat. She has lost 3 lbs so far. She is still drinking and peeing.
All of the kids keep bouncing pink eye back and forth to eachother! So now, we line them all up (including Jeff) 2 times a day and torture them for 3 seconds. Maddies eyes are so red she can barely open them. Personally I don't think she still has the pink eye. If she is still red in the morning I am calling the Dr again. All of this really worries me and I am hoping this all clears up by itself. Today we took Maddie for a second opinion and they sent her for blood work. Needless to say that was tramatic, but she survived! Now we just wait 3 days for the results! 3 LONG DAYS!

Tyler also has pink eye and a double ear infection. So he is on an antiobiotic and has a super diaper rash from the affects of it! Poor kid!

Savannah is just getting the pink eye meds to aviod a breakout again! Trying to keep all of this straight is hard, but I think this is the first time I am going to give my kids ALL of the script without a drop left in the bottle. I hope this all helps! Thanks for listening to me. Pray for Maddie's health.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry about Maddie. What's going on over there? Pink eye shouldn't be so hard to get rid of.

Aunt Judy

Hope things get better soon. Spring on the way. Hang in there.

my rebel took over said...

Hope you get good news this week. Hearing anyone has to go through getting bloodwork with their child makes me cringe. It's awful and I don't want to admit to myself that Grace is due this coming week for some more.

As a side note...I like the photos of all the meds.