Saturday, January 14, 2012

The beginning.....

I have several people to thank for this post.... Thank you to Jeff for buying (or allowing me to buy) my new Canon T3i! Thank you to Amy Young for inspiring me to know that with this wonderful camera my pics can be AWESOME. Thank you to Jane Ammon for teaching me how to use my camera and prove to me that I am smarter than my camera. Thank you to Reed and Cindy Young for buying me this class taught my Jane for Christmas and Thank you to my family for allowing me to bug the heck out of you while I try to remember what I was taught and practice on them!

Today I took a class with Jane Ammon from Jane Ammon Photographer!! I went into this class knowing one word... fstop. I did not really know what that meant but I knew what it did when I changed the number. Now I know words like aperture, fstop, shutter speed, lighting tricks and so much more!

I am going to blog my pics so I can see the progression of what I learn. I definitely like to take pics outside more, but I can not wait until tomorrow to take the kids outside! YEAH... here are a few from today and note that I have not taken the photo editing class yet that Amy and Harland bought me for xmas... so that too should help with these pics!








3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome Nik! They look GREAT! Thank you for "linking" me up with Jane--I can't wait to learn more too at her class in March. Keep the pictures coming!

Jane said...

I swoon! My students are amazing learners!!! The ones from the class are awesome!!!

my rebel took over said...

Yay! Oh how I love photography and now I'll have someone to talk to about it!!