Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mixed Emotions....

So Amy and Harland close on their new house tomorrow. You can see the excitement and the little bit of nervousness with in them. Amy is currently downstairs packing. Madison, Abby and Grace are downstairs watching a movie for a little relaxing time. I am upstairs being unproductive as I think about this "move" they will be embarking on tomorrow and Saturday. They have lived with us for aprox a month. Over all the experience has been great.. Madison is so in love with her cousins I am scared for what life will bring her when they are not here every day. We were in the car today on our way home from Carters and she asked me to drive past Abby and Graces new house. She is still having a hard time understanding that the house is someone else's today and will be Abby and Grace's tomorrow. Anyhow, I began to talk to her and explain to her that they will only be sleeping with us for one or two more nights. She was very sad to hear this. She does not want them to leave. For this makes me sad. Funny thing is, they will be less than 1 mile away. I can just see Sunday morning... "Mommy I want to go downstairs now." for her to find an empty Abby and Graceless apartment. She is going to be so sad. Amy, just forewarning you that we will probably be at your house a ton now. Or we will have more pool/park dates than we have in the past!

I am excited for the Ponds that they will be able to live in a better neighborhood and have a bigger house... but I am really not ready for how Maddie is going to have to adjust to life without her cousins! I know this sounds like you are moving across the country, But we will miss you guys!

1 comment:

my rebel took over said...

I had a similar post in mind and can't seem to catch a break this week to do it. We miss you guys! (I make it sound like we're so far away.)