Tuesday, July 22, 2008

SAVANNAH IS ONE!!!!

On Sunday we had a small party for Savannah's first birthday. I say "small" lightly, our immediate family alone is over 20 people. Anyhow, Poor Savannah was so sick with a super runny nose and a cough. She did not want to be put down nor was she interested in the fuss of a first birthday party. She did play in her pool a little and swim with Daddy in the big pool. With Madison's help she opened a present from us in the morning before everyone came over. That she enjoyed. But all of the other presents, Madison was more than happy to open for her. She just want to go to bed all day! I felt so bad for her and I certainly am not up to my full potential right now either. Thankfully I have awesome family that took Savannah from me when I need them to and cleaned up some where needed. Savannah cried through the birthday song and pushed away her cake. So on Monday I let her try the cake thing again. And this she enjoyed. After she was done, all I could think was, " what was I thinking?? now i need to put her in the bath and I can not bend over!! Ugggg". Oh the things I do for pictures and so that my kids can never tell me when the are older that they were gypped! LOL.




Jeff is away again until Friday and it is only Tuesday. Days are long and nights are longer!! I am so glad I only have 17 more days!! Although I looking forward to being "me" again, please pray for me that I do not go into labor before the 8th! My girlfriend just had her baby a week before her scheduled c-section and the thought of that is really making me nutty!! Will I be ready?? God, knows I am not keen on surprises, so maybe he will let me hang on for 17 more days!!




Here are some pics from Savannah's birthday!
She wanted nothing to do with the cake or the song!! Poor baby!These pics where the day after her birthday. You can kind of see how sick she was, but she enjoyed it a bit more! I just loved this pic so I added it. This is Maddie "listening" and feeling the baby's movements. She loved him so much already!! I can not wait for her to meet him!

2 comments:

my rebel took over said...

Poor Savannah! I hope she's feeling better. We all sure enjoyed her party (read: pool). LOL!

Love, love, LOVE the pic of Maddie and your belly! That's a winner.

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Poor savannah I love the one of her trying to put the cake in her ear!

Love the belly pic!

Shiv