Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Dad

My sister started a page on her blog to keep the family updated on Dad. What a great way to keep everyone informed and not have to repeat the story 50 million times 200 times a day! So thank you TINA! www.rileybreen.com (Bill Carfaro Updates!) I was not going to blog about same thing, then I realized that the blog is my way to get out my emotions. I think I am going to need my blog to tell it my way, from my mind and emotions.

So for those of you that do not know what is going on ...

My dad has not been feeling well for a while. He was in the process of trying to get health insurance before he when to see a Doctor. In the mean time he was only getting sicker. He was finally taken to the ER by his neighbor on Saturday April 10th. Dad was convinced that his heart was failing. Heart disease runs in our family. After a few tests the heart checked out great! But he was diagnosed with liver and pancreatic cancer. According to the Drs in South Carolina it is untreatable. When dad is not looped up on Morphine, he sounds great!

Today Tina is on a mission to talk to the Dr's herself, get some answers and then have his records sent to Sloan Kettering for a second opinion. We have a lot a head of us...

Tina and I are planning a trip to see him as soon as we get some more answers. This trip might be as early as Friday. We just don't know yet! I will continue to write to keep you all updated on his life.

Right now Uncle Clem is with him and has been since he went into the hospital. Cousin Joanne went to see him today and cousins Jennifer and Mario are planning a trip down. Thank you everyone for your support! Pray hard... He needs it!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Wow, Nikki, that is really rough, we're thinking of you.