Sunday, January 6, 2008

Binky Be Gone!

Well, yesterday was a very big day for Madison. We prewarned her for a few days. I was reluctant to just take it away from her for a while now. I was not ready to deal with the crying and fighting we would have to go through. I was not convinced she would ever sleep. But she has proved to us over the last few months that she is able to do it, just uses it as a crutch. So I was committed. When she woke up Saturday morning the binkies were "gone." I still had not tossed them, but they were hiding. She grumped for a few minutes and then got over it. Naptime was a bit harder. She cried and would not stay in her bed. I think I put her back in 15 times before I decided to take her to my bed. She fell asleep in 30 seconds there. I knew we were in for an interesting bedtime. But she was fine. Not one tear, just a ton of stalling. She stalled for 2 hours telling us she was "starving." I think that kid ate my whole kitchen last night. Thank goodness we went shopping earlier that night. We have been telling her for almost 1 year that when she gets rid of the binky we would buy her a scooter. So when she woke up this morning all she wanted was her scooter. We went right out to get one. She loves it and we know the next few days are going to be hard bedtimes, but we are committed. At around 10 PM last night I threw then in the garbage. There is no going back!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow. Good for you. More kudos for Mommy and Daddy than Madison. Does Savannah still have hers? We tried last night with Gabriel with just Spiderman mittens. It was not a pretty scene. Besides, he knows how to get the mittens off. Our thumb guard has not arrived in the mail yet. He is ok in the car and stroller with just the Spiderman mittens, he fusses for a few moments and then looks happy. Maybe we will just start with the car and the stroller. Oh,my I know we are in for it. I might have to take a hiatus from my blog until Gabriel breaks the habit.

my rebel took over said...

Cute page! I love that you remembered to take a picture of her binkies. I forget the details like that sometimes. I hope bedtime tonight had a lot less starvation for you!

Maddie...I love your new ride! You make a scooter and helmet look good!

Sandra...but we need all the gory details about the thumb guard! You can't quit blogging now...we might all revolt.