Thursday, January 17, 2008

Savannah is 6 Months Old and...


I hope this post brings a few new readers!! Check back with us often and don't be shy to comment!


Madison and I went outside tonight after dinner to play in the snow. And I took out the shovel to start to ...well shovel. We own a snowblower, but there really was not enough snow for that. It is amazing how there are certain times when so much thinking goes on. I was enjoying shoveling and watching Maddie make snowballs and snow angels in the snow. I was thinking about how much I was enjoying shoveling. This is normally a chore that I would stear clear of. I realized that being outside and enjoying Madison alone are 2 things that don't happen much anymore. I have always enjoyed mowing the lawn for simular reasons... I can escape the kids and have some time to think to myself. Sad I know.. and no Jeff, this does not mean that I get to mow the lawn and shovel every time now. I have to say the snow was beautiful tonight.

Life is getting even more crazy over here, but in a good way! Madison has been making a grand announcement everywhere she goes. So I felt that it was time to tell everyone myself. We are expecting again. (Did you catch that in the top scrapbook page?) Yes, I did say we are having another baby. I know this is a shock to most but we are excited. The baby is due August 22, but will prob come the week before. Savannah and the baby will be exactly 13 months apart! We are going to need some prayers to get through the first year, but we are up for the challange!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I'm the first to comment. That's because I'm on so late.
I'm thinking blue.But as I'm partial to girls, that would be ok too. Being as Savannah weighs 20 pounds already, I hope she learns to walk soon.Gabriel could use a boy cousin. Uh-oh just realized you're going to have to change your blog name.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy for you all!!! This is so exciting!!! Yeah!!!

diane said...

Well, since Madison spilled the beans to Uncle Erik yesterday morning, I wasn't totally shocked when I read your blog this morning (well maybe still just a little bit shocked!) We're excited for you guys - and we're looking at it as another new friend for Anna!!!

Sandra said...

Guess Jeff was home at least a little bit?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so excited over here at another new little one on the way! I wish you a wonderful pregnancy and we can't wait for summer to meet the new addition!

Unknown said...

wonderful wonderful news!!
we miss you guys so much

Anonymous said...

We, of course, couldn't be happier. Now, we can hope for a boy, but an all girls Basketball team would be pretty good!!

Michelle said...

Congratulations Nikki! Dang girl I better get busy… you’re about to lap me for the third time!

Anonymous said...

Oh BOY!!!! Can't wait to see if the little one is a boy!!!! Congrats to you guys! Looks like we are all going to have to buy more pops for the summertime!!!!

my rebel took over said...

LOL...Looks like everyone seems to think you ought to have a boy. Not that I wouldn't like a boy, but I kinda think our brood of girls is pretty cool!

Monica said...

Congrats guys. . . We are so happy for you! Sean and I better catch up! Imagine 3 weddings to pay for! LOL!

Unknown said...

congrats and good luck! I can't even imagine one more right now but you will have three! I hope you are having an okay pregnancy and know that I am thinking of you.

bl said...

Congrats! Gabriel and I are definitely hoping for a boy. Girls have too much hair to pull.

HRP said...

Another Young - couldn't ask for anything better. And I'm also partial to girls.

Sandra said...

Baby shmaby, the girl we really need to see over here is the DOG. Gabriel wants some Dog video. When can we get some Jade video?

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nikki!! I can't believe you're working on number 3 and I haven't even started on number 1!!! I'll have to come up and help ya out this summer :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We're so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey that anonymous comment was mine. I'm not good at this blogging. See comment above.

Anonymous said...

Hey hrp, was that a comment about sexual orientation? LOL Being partial to girls I mean.