Thursday, December 13, 2007

Dashing Through the Holidays!

Why do holidays have to be so scheduled and hectic. Why don't we all get together more during the year so we don't feel like we need to see everyone we know right before the holidays? Although I am excited to see people I have not seen in a while and have a great time, it just is always so hectic.

I think I am writing this because I am starting to feel the gift basket pressures. I always get like this 2 weeks before the holiday. I am doing 120+ baskets this year and there were a few snags process. Which leaves be feeling pressure. I work on this a few hours every night. I am a stay at home mother and I feel guilty when I work. When I don't start to work until 9 PM, I am exhausted by 11.

Then to think about what I need to get done for this weekend on top of continuous basket work. Tonight I made a mad dash to fill 4 stockings for a party on Saturday night. Sunday morning we have church and another party right after. Sometime Sunday I need to make sure my house is in order and cupcakes are made for Maddie's birthday and playgroup in the morning. Then I am sure we will have some cake that night with what ever family wants to pop over. Ok, writing about this makes me more stressed. I know I work best under pressure and feel great when it is all over, but GEEZZZ... BREATH...
But there is some how still time to play. Tonight I took some fun pictures of Madison's eyes. I know a mother is bias, but I love Maddie's eyes. Especially when they are wet. Here are a few to share. Someday when I have more time I will scrap these and share the page.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute. However, clearly pics in the bath, the other risque one was Madison on the potty, not sure if I will be checking for the next posting of Madison, ha ha.

I ordered my Christmas card. Good thing you posted your Christmas card dilemma or I would not have gotten around to it.

Old Optonline account said...

We're not getting around to Christmas cards this year. Oh wait! I got some silly one's w/ my Kiddie Kandids package! Oh crap. Add that to the to-do list. I'm only going to send out the 24 I have.

Nik..You're not biased about her eyes. Ok, you are, but truthfully, they are gorgeous, so you actually can publically gloat about them!

Let me know if you need some help with anything. I could probably make the cupcakes for you, if you want.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm worried those eyes will get her in trouble ... starting around age 14?

But for now ... boyond cute!!!

Totally unbiased opinion!!

Sandra said...

Not till age 14, I think that's wishful thinking. Madison is quite well versed in how to get herself in trouble, did you know she is already married?

Anonymous said...

Hi. Just snooping again. I need some new material. Tomorrow will be one week since Madison's wet eyes. I have been staying in with the little hyperactive one, I have a cold and I am putting off the rest of shopping with the hyperactive one so I need some outside stimulation.