Monday, December 3, 2007

Sisters are so special!

The girls tickled my heart today. Today was the first time I saw the girls interact with each other with out me in the middle of it. We were in the car and I was watching them in the mirror. Savannah was glaring at Maddie with an innocent smile, thinking "I love her." And Madison noticed she was looking at her. She began to smile back and talk to her. "Hello Pretty Girl" was the first thing she told her. They were locked into each other. It brought tears to my eyes to know that they will one day be the best of friends. For a while after Madison was born, I felt like I ruined her life by having another baby. I knew she would be OK, but life was different for her. And now that they are interacting I can see that we made the best decision for her.

I know Madison can not wait for Savannah to be big enough so she can play with her. Today she gave her a few of the blocks she was playing with. Then, she called me so I could see that Savannah was playing with blocks too. Too cute. And every day I am amazed at how much I can love something x2. They are the best things that ever happened to me, even when they are bad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Nikki,

Here's my comment. You don't post enough, I understand your time situation though. Not much to comment on here, I agree, sisters could be special. We are not into anything sistery or girly here, I had the worst time shopping for Madison's birthday gift, girl clothes were almost as much trouble to find as womens' clothing.

It was fun waiting for Santa today.