Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lost a Tooth!

We are happy to report that after over a year of being jealous of all of her peers, she has FINALLY lost a tooth! That tooth was hanging on by a thread today. I had a feeling that today was going to be the day so we took the before picture. (Dont mind the pool hair!) So I will tell the story as I saw it, but you really need to hear the story from her. She is so cute I can not take it! So just before baths we decided we needed some Smores! So just after taking the first bite into her Smore, she saw blood on it. She told be about it and said, "mommy my tooth is bleeding." We inspected the mouth to find NO TOOTH! Jeff and I looked quickly and could not find it. I was sure she swallowed it....

Then she said.... "wait.... I bet it is on the ground. I was chewing on it and I thought my marshmellow had a hard spot so I threw it out!" Well, thank goodness we found it on the ground! After the initial shock and the blood. She was so excited! I have not seen her this happy in a while! She could not find a phone fast enough to call Mema, Grammy, Abby and Grace, and our neighbor Nicole. (Dont not be offended if she did not call you, we had to move on to bath and bed!) Call her, she would be happy to tell the story again to you.


So then we went into panic mode, we were not quite ready for the tooth fairy. We made her a special door to get into our house a few months ago. Madison was asking me a million questions about how she get in, so we made her a door! But it was not hung up. I had to make a quick run to walmart to pick up special tape to hold it on the wall. She really wanted daddy to cut a whole in the sheet rock, so we had to explain the magic of the tooth fairy. She has never put herself to bed so quickly and so excitedly! She even told me she was going to sleep with a smile on her face so the tooth fairy could see the whole in her mouth. The cuteness was so exciting for me!



Dont mind her messy bed!























2 comments:

my rebel took over said...

The door is so cute!!!

Sean Butcher said...

Yay for the lost tooth! My son just turned 5 last week, and he has lost 3 teeth already. And now he can't wait for his first dentist visit this weekend!