Thursday, June 9, 2011

Memorial Day on Hay Island!

I am just going to highlight some of the things we did on this trip besides opening the cottage. Which I may add was less tragic than last year! There are always surprises after a long winter, but this year was fairly mild!
Maddie fished for the first time with a hook rather than a fish weight. She was so proud. Next time we go in August we will buy her some worms! My project, which was not a planned project, was to clear the steps of all over grown grass weeds that over time have made the steps disappear! My real motivation was that Tyler was having a hard time walking on them! So now we have steps again... atleast for now!



This is a project that Jeff has been talking about doing for several years! So this year was the one! They relayed the main door entrance! It had gotten to the point where the door only opened about 1 foot. It looks great ... Thanks guys! I always like to venture to the cottage one time with out Amy and her family earlier in the season. And this is not because I don't want their company, it is because every year I have different challenges with my family and I like to try to figure them out when the house is less hectic and not stress all summer when I don't have to. For example, this year, this is the first year that Tyler will not be in a pack and play. Where will he sleep? How will that go? Will I have to worry about him wearing his life jacket. (For those of you who know nothing about the cottage, it is an island in the 1000 islands .. no cars.. boat only! So we make the kids wear their life jackets every time they want to go outside!) I was having dreams that the only way I would be able to sleep up there would be to make Ty sleep in a life jacket. This trip was successful in this was too! He was a very good boy .. slept well and was very respective of the life jacket rules! Below is a picture of his bed in the closet! I know that sounds bad... but only those that have been there before will understand that it really is not a closet!

I enjoyed watching a mother robin care for her eggs! I love these pictures!


This is the girls watching Jeff and Reed do the cement!


Tyler painting in down time! Sorry the pics are out of order... too lazy to fix it!

















1 comment:

my rebel took over said...

Fun! I am completely offended that you don't want to spend every second of every day with me and my family!!! ;) It certainly is easier without the chaos that extra kids bring. But it's fun to put up with the chaos to have them all together up there!

Love the second to last picture of the eggs. I can't wait to go!!!