Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Realizations!!

I first want to thank everyone for their comments on our BIG news. I have been overly tired which is why this blog is lacking. I know I need to play catch up. First I need to say that it is seasonable warm today and raining... why does that happen?? And the kids are sick. I need to get out of this house and I not only need warm, but I need healthy kids. Everyone pray for spring... we need it bad... not just the teases!!


So, yesterday I was having a hard time with a sick winey 3 year old so I decided to venture to the grocery store. This was such a challenge. Where do I put them that they will both be happy for a bit? Maddie was sick so I did not put her in the W-Kids room. I settled for Maddie in top basket of the shopping cart and Savannah in the Bjorn. This worked out great until check out. Getting the stuff out of the basket with a kid on your belly is not easy. I think people around me could see my frustrations and the sweat beading up on my face. A gentleman I know from church came to my rescue (thank you DM.) The cashier asked me if I needed a "helping hand." Some how we made it out alive and I sat down to relax my back in the car. And all I could do was laugh and say.... Oh, but next year it will be so much worse. I often think about AP when I am in these situations. I think I might know what twins feels like really soon. And there for I am "calling for help." Mom, Cindy... make room for me in your schedules. I need you! How the heck will I ever grocery shop with 3?? Oh, I wont. I will never take 3 anywhere by myself!!!


Part of my frustrations yesterday was that Madison would not keep her clothes on. I think by days end I had dressed her 8-10 times. Jeff and I had a chuckle last night when I was telling him about my day. I shared with him what the one outfit she changed into and he said she sported the same get-up on Sunday. She thinks she is so beautiful! (Ok, here comes the pole jokes again... poor kid)

Mind you it was cold and she was sick. I know... does not seem like it.

Today I was in the shower and started to chuckle that Madison is like the mouse in "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie." Last week I got out of the shower and could not find her. I had forgotten to close the gate and after many paniced yells for her I found her in the in law suite bathroom washing her hands. If you don't know my house, it is very far away and almost soundproof! I later realized that she had opened my hall closet and found some bath and body works hand soap but could not open it. I found the soap in our upstairs bathroom. She remembered that there was soap like that down stairs so she made the treck to use the soap she origionally wanted. And she has done this before, that one silly thing trips her memory to remember another and another. She always keeps me smiling and on my toes.

I feel like I don't mention Savannah too much. She is sitting up now for a minutes or two. She loves her new dolly from grandma C, she has begun bto talk....dadada, and she is eating solids. Not too exciting, but she is doing well and we love to watch the two girls interact with eachother!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I feel you! I have been in scenarios like that myself before! I could almost feel the sweat reading your entry ha ha!

my rebel took over said...

See?? No one could understand why I never left the house alone for a VERY long time! Everyone made fun of me!

Don't worry, ok, worry, but you will survive it! And maybe that's all you'll do for a while is survive, but you will. I promise! And we'll all help you as much as we can. Next time you need to grocery shop, or whatever for that matter, why don't you drop Maddie off here with us? I really mean that I'm ok with you doing that. I'll put all my soap away this time!!!

Sandra said...

Again, we need to watch Maddie's career choices.

I suggest ordering groceries for delivery. I may try it. I would never try to take even two grocery shopping. If you ever try it with three I am going to suggest you be committed because that is just nuts.

As for your house, when #3 comes, are you going to let Maddie have a room by herself downstairs? She is resourceful and will be more so when no one can hear her. Well, Maddie is married, perhaps she just needs to move out and get a place with the hubby.

my rebel took over said...

Oh...and that picture of Maddie is pretty funny. Her scrapbook is going to be GREAT when she's about 16. LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

tell maddie that mema said she is not crazy about this outfit. i need to take her shopping

Unknown said...

Umm I dont even shop with one so I give you credit for trying to shop with 2 while pregnant! I shop alone at night or on weekends. Exciting I know. LOL