Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sick AGAIN! But this time it was a bad one!

Yesterday was a terrible day for us. Poor Madison puked for over 14 hours. I felt so bad for her. She was so miserable. I did not really worry about it all day. All I did all day was laundry because she had soiled every sheet and blanket in my house as well as every pair of pajamas she owned. I called the Dr late afternoon to just ask them when I needed to start to worry. They asked to see her right away because she had not urinated all day. So off we went. Thank goodness she peed (and puked) while we were in the office. So that was a good sign. We still had to keep a close eye on her and make her drink a sip of clear liquids every 5 minutes. The poor kid just wanted to sleep and we woke her up every 5 minutes for a few hours. Just before I let her sleep I asked her to pee and she did. I started to feel better. For a while I was convinced that we were going to be spending the night in the hospital on IV's but as soon as she peed I knew we were on the right track. She stopped vomiting about 6 PM and slept well last night.

She woke up a new girl today. Back to her old self...super energetic and wondering what we were doing and where we were going today. I will keep her in again today and now we will just try to get her to eat again. Poor thing... now we just have to hope that the rest of us do not get it! We will try to stay away from people for a few days to make sure we are not festering the awful sickness within us.

Thank you to all who volunteered to come here if we were going to have to make a trip to the hospital. Thankfully that did not happen! Hope you are healthier than we... WILL WE EVER HAVE SPRING???

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Whooo! We had that one. You dodged the bullet on the diarrhea we had vomitting and diarrhea it was really really gross. I got it too, it was really really gross. It took 48-72 hours after Gabriel puked on me the first time for me to start feeling naseau so be on the lookout.

May the force be with you, you're gonna need it.

my rebel took over said...

Poor kid. I'm glad she's feeling better. Why do I have a feeling, since I've been around both of you this week, that this could easily be passing through my family soon??